User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: General: NetSurf mailing list

NetSurf mailing list
  ksattic (21:54 10/2/2007)
  jmb (23:20 10/2/2007)
    andrew (23:29 10/2/2007)
    ksattic (23:54 10/2/2007)
      jmb (00:07 11/2/2007)
        tlsa (08:32 12/2/2007)

Simon Wilson Message #98375, posted by ksattic at 21:54, 10/2/2007
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

Well, since I got flamed for posting to the NetSurf mailing list via GMail (since NetSurf cannot delete blocks of text in TextAreas), and since Oregano2 seems to hang with GMail when I use it, I will attempt to make my post here. It is a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, as I was merely trying to build NetSurf so I could fix this shortcoming. :)

con_fonts.c references rufl_family_menu, and even though this is externed by rufl.h, rufl.h is not #included by con_fonts.h. I don't think I properly described this earlier, so hopefully now people will understand what I mean.

The first time I attempted to link, I got a single link error for the symbol rufl_family_menu. I checked and librufl does exist inside !NSTools.lib, and sure enough, the second time I linked, the symbol was found. Very odd indeed.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

JMB Message #98381, posted by jmb at 23:20, 10/2/2007, in reply to message #98375
Well, since I got flamed for posting to the NetSurf mailing list via GMail
By whom, may I ask? This is unacceptable behaviour and, as one of the list owners, I'd like to know who to take this up with. You've got my email address, if you'd prefer to handle this privately.

(since NetSurf cannot delete blocks of text in TextAreas)
It should be able to; there's probably bugs, though.

Ctrl-Delete deletes to start of line.
Ctrl-End deletes to end of line.

These are the RO5 key bindings. Bindings on earlier RO versions may be different; I can't recall, off-hand.

con_fonts.c references rufl_family_menu, and even though this is externed by rufl.h, rufl.h is not #included by con_fonts.h. I don't think I properly described this earlier, so hopefully now people will understand what I mean.
rufl.h is included through riscos/gui.h, which is included by con_fonts.c. It sounds odd that this caused problems for you.

The first time I attempted to link, I got a single link error for the symbol rufl_family_menu. I checked and librufl does exist inside !NSTools.lib, and sure enough, the second time I linked, the symbol was found. Very odd indeed.
Strange indeed. I'm inclined to put it down to gremlins, unless it's repeatable.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #98382, posted by andrew at 23:29, 10/2/2007, in reply to message #98381
HandbagHandbag Boi
Ctrl-End frequently crashes the browser in my experience!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #98383, posted by ksattic at 23:54, 10/2/2007, in reply to message #98381
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

By whom, may I ask? This is unacceptable behaviour and, as one of the list owners, I'd like to know who to take this up with. You've got my email address, if you'd prefer to handle this privately.
It's fine - I'd prefer to leave it. I have been at the receiving end of abuse a few times in RISC OS land, and sadly it seems to be fairly prevalent.

OK, ctrl-del and ctrl-end work for me, but is there any reason why ctrl-x is not supported?

rufl.h is included through riscos/gui.h, which is included by con_fonts.c. It sounds odd that this caused problems for you.
Very odd indeed! I will try to reproduce it now. Amazing. I reproduced this a good few times yesterday, but now it builds fine with no errors. I can indeed see that rufl.h is included from gui.h. I have *no clue* what would cause this rather odd bug.

Edit: I'd be willing to bet that rufl.h and librufl inside !NSTools are out of date, since I copied over the versions of rufl.h and librufl from the pre-built package before I realised they already existed inside !NSTools.

[Edited by ksattic at 00:00, 11/2/2007]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

JMB Message #98384, posted by jmb at 00:07, 11/2/2007, in reply to message #98383
I have been at the receiving end of abuse a few times in RISC OS land, and sadly it seems to be fairly prevalent.
:frown:

Part of the reason is that, in the long run, it doesn't really help to have things scattered around - the NS mailing list is well archived and searchable. If people don't feel able to post due to the actions of one or two others, then it defeats the point of having a mailing list.

OK, ctrl-del and ctrl-end work for me, but is there any reason why ctrl-x is not supported?
<fx: looks at code> It should work. The text selection stuff is known to have issues, though, so Ctrl-X not working isn't that surprising. (desktop/textinput.c is where ctrl-x is implemented, fwiw)

Very odd indeed! I will try to reproduce it now. Amazing. I reproduced this a good few times yesterday, but now it builds fine with no errors. I can indeed see that rufl.h is included from gui.h. I have *no clue* what would cause this rather odd bug.

Edit: I'd be willing to bet that rufl.h and librufl inside !NSTools are out of date, since I copied over the versions of rufl.h and librufl from the pre-built package before I realised they already existed inside !NSTools.
Ah; yes. That may well explain it.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #98408, posted by tlsa at 08:32, 12/2/2007, in reply to message #98384

Thanks for fixing % signs in text areas, JMB. :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: General: NetSurf mailing list