User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
- WROCC April 2024 meeting o...changes to our phone lines (News:1)
- April developer 'fireside' chat is on saturday night (News:)
- March 2024 News Summary (News:4)
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Dutch politics, aahhh

Dutch politics, aahhh
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Jason Togneri Message #102387, posted by filecore at 19:18, 23/5/2007

NSFW!

The NEE party in Antwerp have put forward a candidate who is posing naked and offering blowjobs for 40,000 voters. I almost wish I was Dutch (the best the Finns have come up with is a Minister for Culture and Sports who is a former model; the UK's best is good old Mrs Thatcher. Typical). There are a couple of nice pictures on their press page.

From the site:

Blowjob Request Form

Terms of Service

1. Acceptance of Terms
NEE and Tania provide blowjobs (Services) to those who request them, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"). Your use of the Services in whole or in part constitutes your binding acceptance of these TOS. If you do not agree to these TOS, you should not use the Services. Some Services may be subject to additional posted rules, policies and terms. When you use those Services, you and Tania shall be subject to those additional conditions, which are incorporated by reference into these TOS (and, consequently, form part of your agreement with us).

2. Description of Services
The Services consist of Tania performing fellatio on selected individuals who have requested the Services through this form. Travel and other expenses will be covered by NEE. Any sort of recording (video, audio or photographs) of the performance is strictly prohibited without written permission. We adhere to high standards of service but due to time limitations each performance can last no longer than 5 minutes, no exceptions will be made under any circumstance.

3. General Requirements and Rules of Conduct
Services will only be provided to those who meet the following requirements:

* applicants must be 18yrs old or above
* condoms must be used and provided and paid for by the user
* the user shall not engage in any other form of physical contact
* any attempt to influence the depth of insertion by the user will result in immediate end of service
* Tania may deny service for hygiene reasons
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

fwibbler Message #102388, posted by fwibbler at 19:58, 23/5/2007, in reply to message #102387
fwibbler

NSFW!

The NEE party in Antwerp have put forward a candidate who is posing naked and offering blowjobs for 40,000 voters. I almost wish I was Dutch (the best the Finns have come up with is a Minister for Culture and Sports who is a former model; the UK's best is good old Mrs Thatcher. Typical).
We have Ann Widicombe... naughty
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

VinceH Message #102390, posted by VincceH at 20:18, 23/5/2007, in reply to message #102387
VincceH
Lowering the tone since the dawn of time

We adhere to high standards of service but due to time limitations each performance can last no longer than 5 minutes, no exceptions will be made under any circumstance.
Only 5 minutes? Tight bitch!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

hEgelia Message #102426, posted by illuminatius at 14:16, 24/5/2007, in reply to message #102387
Antwerp is a city in Belgium, so you should mean 'Belgian' instead of 'Dutch'... Perhaps a small geographical difference, but a big one in culture.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102432, posted by filecore at 15:59, 24/5/2007, in reply to message #102426

Antwerp is a city in Belgium, so you should mean 'Belgian' instead of 'Dutch'... Perhaps a small geographical difference, but a big one in culture.
Belgium, Holland, it's all the same really. Their culture is only different to the locals - once you get more than 50 miles away nobody can tell ;-)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

nervus Message #102444, posted by nervus at 09:57, 25/5/2007, in reply to message #102432
Belgium, Holland, it's all the same really. Their culture is only different to the locals - once you get more than 50 miles away nobody can tell ;-)
Ah you are SO right!
What is after all the difference between Scots and English tongue
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102456, posted by filecore at 12:29, 26/5/2007, in reply to message #102444

Ah you are SO right!
Historically? Politically? Culturally? Legally? Historico-linguistically? Quite a lot.

In practical terms for modern society, not much.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Ian Cook Message #102465, posted by ilcook at 17:50, 26/5/2007, in reply to message #102456
trainResident idiot
Ah you are SO right!
Historically? Politically? Culturally? Legally? Historico-linguistically? Quite a lot.

In practical terms for modern society, not much.
The jocks wear skirts for a start. grin

Only joking, about it being a skirt.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102468, posted by filecore at 19:45, 26/5/2007, in reply to message #102465

I think kilts come under 'culture'.

Interesting that this new fellow appears to have signed up, just specially to make that crack about Scots and English.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #102469, posted by Phlamethrower at 19:59, 26/5/2007, in reply to message #102468
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Interesting that this new fellow appears to have signed up, just specially to make that crack about Scots and English.
Nah, I think he really signed up to make a crack about you.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102470, posted by filecore at 21:20, 26/5/2007, in reply to message #102469

Good lord, I have a fan club?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

nervus Message #102474, posted by nervus at 09:44, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102469

Nah, I think he really signed up to make a crack about you.
That is just why I signed up... wink
... and BTW, I am lurking around here for over 2 years. Just got this time annoyed with the ease the differences between Flemish and Dutch are discarded. After all, they went separated ways over 150 years ago. smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102475, posted by filecore at 09:53, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102474

Just got this time annoyed with the ease the differences between Flemish and Dutch are discarded. After all, they went separated ways over 150 years ago. smile
<serious>

I'm perfectly well aware of the differences there, as between any groups of people. However, I was making a joke based on the fact that I have no connection to any of these (I've never even been to either country) and hence, the difference, if any, makes no diffference whatsoever to my life.

</serious>

Besides, I'm not entirely sure there is a difference... shock
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

nervus Message #102476, posted by nervus at 11:07, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102475
Just got this time annoyed with the ease the differences between Flemish and Dutch are discarded. After all, they went separated ways over 150 years ago. smile
<serious>

I'm perfectly well aware of the differences there, as between any groups of people. However, I was making a joke based on the fact that I have no connection to any of these (I've never even been to either country) and hence, the difference, if any, makes no diffference whatsoever to my life.

</serious>

Besides, I'm not entirely sure there is a difference... shock
OK smile
... and believe me: there is more difference most of times than even the involved people think there is.
The Dutch are in general less polite, elegant etc. (I know: being dutch big grin )
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102477, posted by filecore at 11:41, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102476

... and believe me: there is more difference most of times than even the involved people think there is.
That can again refer to any give example. Back to the Scots and the English: a question I often get asked is, "But seriously, there's no difference, is there?"

Well. We have different legal systems (Scottish vs English law, court systems), seperate police forces, a seperate educational and university system (all levels), a distinct cultural and historical background (coming from the Celts and Vikings, while the English background is largely from the Romans and French and Saxons), a different linguistic background (again, Gaelic and the Celtic/Viking languages, as opposed to French and Latin), our own religions (although the church is so splintered in general that it's hardly unique), our own saints, flags, and designs of coins and notes (we still have the £1 note, for example, and when I was in York a shopkeeper didn't believe it was real - also, many English from the South don't accept Scottish £10 and £20 notes), the list just goes on.

In fact, I'd be speaking Gaelic right now rather than English if it weren't for the fact that we lost a battle (yes, I'm referring to 1745) and the English banned the national language, Gaelic, as well as breaking up the clan system, locking up all the clan leaders, banning the wearing of tartan, and so forth. I'm not trying to be bitter here, I'm just pointing out that in most foreign countries England = UK and UK = England, but that is just not true. Only England = England, and thank god it stops there...

One last note: In Finnish newspapers it's always "English" something, the "English" Prime Minister, the "English" are at war in Iraq, the "English" entry at Eurovision (well, you can keep it), the English this, the English that. They mean "British" in all of these cases. Ironically, the only time I've seen the word "British" used in a Finnish newspaper headline is when a bunch of English football fans started a riot somewhere in Europe. Oh the irony. Most people aren't even aware that there's a difference, and use Britain/England interchangeably. I include Americans and, yes, the English in this too.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Challands Message #102479, posted by SimonC at 12:10, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102477
Elite
Right on, Commander!

1745 was a Scottish rebellion, so it's the consequences of your own actions :-P Actually, it wasn't entirely a matter of England vs Scotland; some of the Jacobite supporters were English (which is why the Earl of Derwentwater lost his head, having chosen the losing side). You could also possibly argue a lot of it was more the French trying to use it to cause trouble (possibly; my knowledge of the subject is pretty limited to things I vaguely recall but which may be wrong).
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102480, posted by filecore at 12:19, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102479

1745 was a Scottish rebellion, so it's the consequences of your own actions :-P Actually, it wasn't entirely a matter of England vs Scotland; some of the Jacobite supporters were English (which is why the Earl of Derwentwater lost his head, having chosen the losing side). You could also possibly argue a lot of it was more the French trying to use it to cause trouble (possibly; my knowledge of the subject is pretty limited to things I vaguely recall but which may be wrong).
Actually a lot of the time the French were allied with the Scots; common enemies.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

hEgelia Message #102481, posted by illuminatius at 13:54, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102475
Hey, I've only tried to correct you there. There is a fucking difference, even if you don't see it.

Why do you think nervus registered? Like me, he's Dutch so he knows this. It's rather ironic you can point out a bit of history concerning Scotland and England, but you probably can't do the same for the Dutch and the Flemish, so it's negligible? It's negligible to you perhaps, but in all fairness, it is more than relevant. Yes, even in "practical terms for modern society".

Holland as a country does no longer exist, since a few hundred years I think. It's the Netherlands now. Please give us that bit of respect, as I do know the difference between the UK and England and respect the difference and certainly wouldn't like a foreign newspaper referring to the Dutch and Flemish as the same.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

nervus Message #102482, posted by nervus at 14:23, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102480
Just a short note about the relation between the Dutch and the Belgians is to be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Republic
For me personally I divide the inhabitants of the UK in Londoners, English, Scots and Welsh. In my UK travels in the past 20 years that seemed to be a reasonable division for interacting with the locals. wink
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102483, posted by filecore at 21:10, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102481

There is a fucking difference, even if you don't see it.
Whoa, why are you getting so upset? Take a deep breath and calm down, mate - this isn't a reason to start the third world war. Evidently (I'm sure the fact that you're not a native speaker must be to blame) you didn't read and/or understand this post.

Why do you think nervus registered? Like me, he's Dutch so he knows this.
Again, what's the point of registering for something like that - fine, you maybe want to defend something that's been misunderstood, but there's no point in swearing at me after I made my comments quite clear.

What I think is that you're an arrogant swine and you give people like your fellow countryman nervus a bad name - he accepts the joke for what it is and with good grace, rather than flying off the handle and swearing at people.

It's rather ironic you can point out a bit of history concerning Scotland and England, but you probably can't do the same for the Dutch and the Flemish, so it's negligible?
To be frank, no, I can't do the same. I'm sorry I haven't studied the history of every little tiny country that's ever existed. I'm sorry that I only know the history of my own country (and a pitiful dozen or so others) in any sort of detail, and that I don't know yours. I apologise for only pointing out that I knew that in general there was a difference without knowing the particulars. But the worse your arrogant and aggressive attitude gets, the less I find I actually care.

Perhaps you didn't understand the symbolism behind </serious>?

It's negligible to you perhaps
Maybe it wasn't before but you've demonstrated nicely that there's no point in me caring - if you're a good example of a normal Dutch person, I want nothing to do with the lot of you.

[Edited by filecore at 21:18, 27/5/2007]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102484, posted by filecore at 21:23, 27/5/2007, in reply to message #102482

For me personally I divide the inhabitants of the UK in Londoners, English, Scots and Welsh. In my UK travels in the past 20 years that seemed to be a reasonable division for interacting with the locals. wink
Yeah, London and the southeast is really part of Europe... also in terms of amount of sunshine shock
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #102485, posted by andrew at 00:16, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102481
HandbagHandbag Boi
Hey, I've only tried to correct you there. There is a fucking difference, even if you don't see it.

Why do you think nervus registered? Like me, he's Dutch so he knows this. It's rather ironic you can point out a bit of history concerning Scotland and England, but you probably can't do the same for the Dutch and the Flemish, so it's negligible? It's negligible to you perhaps, but in all fairness, it is more than relevant. Yes, even in "practical terms for modern society".

Holland as a country does no longer exist, since a few hundred years I think. It's the Netherlands now. Please give us that bit of respect, as I do know the difference between the UK and England and respect the difference and certainly wouldn't like a foreign newspaper referring to the Dutch and Flemish as the same.
So what is Holland? Everybody uses it interchangeably here with the Netherlands? 

FWIW, my perception is that the Flemish part of Belgium is polite and Anglophilic whereas the French speaking part is Anglophobic.

When I was in Belgium I was told that to say Flemish and Dutch were the same was inviting trouble wink
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #102486, posted by andrew at 00:19, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102482
HandbagHandbag Boi
Just a short note about the relation between the Dutch and the Belgians is to be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Republic
In fact, we are all BRITISH.

The English civil war and the Jacobite rebeliions as I understand it were in reality British civil wars concerning who was to be the monarch that ruled over Great Britain.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #102487, posted by andrew at 00:25, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102477
HandbagHandbag Boi
That can again refer to any give example. Back to the Scots and the English: a question I often get asked is, "But seriously, there's no difference, is there?"

Well. We have different legal systems (Scottish vs English law, court systems), seperate police forces, a seperate educational and university system (all levels), a distinct cultural and historical background (coming from the Celts and Vikings, while the English background is largely from the Romans and French and Saxons), a different linguistic background (again, Gaelic and the Celtic/Viking languages, as opposed to French and Latin), our own religions (although the church is so splintered in general that it's hardly unique), our own saints, flags, and designs of coins and notes (we still have the £1 note, for example, and when I was in York a shopkeeper didn't believe it was real - also, many English from the South don't accept Scottish £10 and £20 notes), the list just goes on.

In fact, I'd be speaking Gaelic right now rather than English if it weren't for the fact that we lost a battle (yes, I'm referring to 1745) and the English banned the national language, Gaelic, as well as breaking up the clan system, locking up all the clan leaders, banning the wearing of tartan, and so forth. I'm not trying to be bitter here, I'm just pointing out that in most foreign countries England = UK and UK = England, but that is just not true. Only England = England, and thank god it stops there...

Scottish nationlists love to play up the differences when in fact eveybody who lives in Scotland originated either in England or came from overseas. They ignore the massive population interchange occurring over centuries, they ignore the common history post union of Crowns, they ignore the incredible success of Scotland and Scottish during the Empire and exploit any discrepancy like they're doing now with nuclear power.

The SNP remind me of some extremist religious or fascist party who exploit democracy to get into power and then aim to destroy it. Good example of the Simpson's joke "democracy doesn't work". [The fact that all 3 main UK political parties have refused an alliance with SNP is to their credit IMHO as it seems to me they don't really gain much PR not to mention political benefit from doing so. But I digress.]

[Edited by andrew at 00:28, 28/5/2007]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102488, posted by filecore at 07:23, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102487

Scottish nationlists love to play up the differences when in fact eveybody who lives in Scotland originated either in England or came from overseas.
So I only imagined that there were native Celts? Although maybe you're talking further back than that, in which case, you're not English at all - you're African. Or maybe all modern Scots come from English and foreign stock because the English shipped all the original Scots off to America and Australia *cough*Highland Clearances*cough*

They ignore the massive population interchange occurring over centuries, they ignore the common history post union of Crowns
No I don't.

they ignore the incredible success of Scotland and Scottish during the Empire
No I don't - we practically ran the empire! Look at all the famous British mathematicians and scientists and engineers during those times - a great majority were Scottish!

The SNP remind me of some extremist religious or fascist party who exploit democracy to get into power and then aim to destroy it.
Don't single out the SNP, Mr BNP. England have their own share of lunatic fringe rabid nationalist parties, as does every other country in the world. That's hardly a general example of the Scottish (although incidentally there is a Scottish Independence Army, but I doubt you've heard of it since I believe he's currently in jail). At least the IRA don't have any issues with the Scots.

In fact, we are all BRITISH.
Quite. In fact, that's usually the first thing I say when I meet people. This is why I get annoyed at the whole "English" thing. Conversations usually go like this:

Me: Hello
Them: Hello, you're a foreigner, where are you from?
Me: I'm British
Them: Oh, you're from England?
Me: No, I'm from Scotland
Them: But I thought you said you were British
Me: Yes, I did
Them: But how can you be British if you're from Scotland?
Me: sigh

Or sometimes, in a first lesson to break the ice:

Me: Can you guess what country I'm from by my accent?
Them: Um... America?
Me: No
Them: England?
Them: Australia?
Them: New Zealand?
Them: South Africa?
Them: blah blah random country?
Them: Okay, I give up. Where then?
Me: I'm British!
Them: I said that!
Me: No, you said England. I'm from Scotland.

Yes, there is a difference.

You'd be amazed the number of lessons which get derailed into a discussion of the differences between Scotland/England/Ireland/Wales, the fact that "Ireland" is an independent Euro-loving nation, and Northern Ireland is part of the UK - and the United Kingdom is different from Great Britain. And yes, I am both British and Scottish, at the same time. I'm also European. Ha.

[Edited by filecore at 07:30, 28/5/2007]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

nervus Message #102489, posted by nervus at 09:02, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102485

So what is Holland? Everybody uses it interchangeably here with the Netherlands? 

FWIW, my perception is that the Flemish part of Belgium is polite and Anglophilic whereas the French speaking part is Anglophobic.

When I was in Belgium I was told that to say Flemish and Dutch were the same was inviting trouble wink
Even our officials do that unhappy But in fact: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland

And the Wallons? They are not Anglophobic; nope, they are xenophobic (or at least they don't like people who do not speak French natively wink )

BTW: I am really sorry that my remarks ignited some kind of flame-war unhappy
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #102490, posted by Phlamethrower at 09:15, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102488

Me: Can you guess what country I'm from by my accent?
Them: Okay, I give up. Where then?
Me: I'm British!
Since when has Britain been a country? Stupid Scots not knowing the difference between a country and a group of islands/kingdom/empire (etc, etc) tongue
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102491, posted by filecore at 09:20, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102490

Since when has Britain been a country? Stupid Scots not knowing the difference between a country and a group of islands/kingdom/empire (etc, etc) tongue
Britain is the short or common name for the country officially known as "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Since I don't come from Northern Ireland, I must therefore come from Britain, which is part of the UK. But I am still British. So tongue yourself.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #102492, posted by filecore at 09:21, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102489

BTW: I am really sorry that my remarks ignited some kind of flame-war unhappy
Nah, it wasn't your remarks, it was that other silly billy's remarks.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #102493, posted by Phlamethrower at 09:49, 28/5/2007, in reply to message #102491

Britain is the short or common name for the country officially known as "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
Err, no. I think you'll find that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island is a sovereign state, not a country. So tongue back at you tongue

But I am still British.
Yes, you are. But I was disuputing your claim that Britain was a country, when clearly it's a sovereign state consisting of several countries tongue
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): 1 > >|

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Dutch politics, aahhh