User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: The 'Where is everybody?' thread

The 'Where is everybody?' thread
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Jeffrey Lee Message #51921, posted by Phlamethrower at 22:21, 25/2/2004
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Well?

It's not easy trying to procrastinate if no-ones around to procrastinate too :frown:

Woo! Tracker files! :dance:
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Adrian Lees Message #51925, posted by adrianl at 22:44, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51921
Well?
"Erm, hello."

*sixth dan in conversation killing*
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #51931, posted by moss at 23:41, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51925

I've been busy :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #51932, posted by ksattic at 23:44, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51921
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

If you want something to do, how about italic smileys so that when you quote text on the playpen, the smileys are italicised too. A perfect waste of time! Or, you can do my homework for me. ;)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51934, posted by Phlamethrower at 23:46, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51932

Nah, that's above my current procrastination threshold :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #51935, posted by ksattic at 23:49, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51934
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

What are you supposed to be doing instead of procrastinating?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51936, posted by Phlamethrower at 23:52, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51931

I've been busy :P
So have I, but I've still found plenty of time to do un-busy things as well :)

*realises that :moss: has a job, and so has to spend some time doing that*

Hmm. Better deflect this complaint to someone else then...

Unlike AP, who appears to spend all his time being un-busy and sleeping :o

*cough* lack-of-Searchy-development *cough*
*cough* not-updating-weblog* *cough*

* Although to spite me, it looks like he actually updated it just over a week ago. Damn him! :frown:

(Although it's totally devoid of content so can be ignored anyway :D)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51937, posted by Phlamethrower at 23:54, 25/2/2004, in reply to message #51935

What are you supposed to be doing instead of procrastinating?
Some moosey group project thing about LAN protocols. In particular, I've got to do a page or two about LLC :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51939, posted by diodesign at 00:59, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51921
diodesign
The Opposition

I'm awake and will be awake for some time believe me, writing the draft report of my 3rd year project that's due in by 1pm later today.

Funny though, I'm still writing the VHDL code for my project's FPGA. I'm also feeling sick from too many doritos and bottles of lucozade and cups of coffee. My left eye is twitching which means I should really take it easy.

I need a hug. By 1pm today.. it'll be over and I can drink myself into an oblivion..

Chris. Just me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51940, posted by Phlamethrower at 01:04, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51939

I'm awake and will be awake for some time believe me, writing the draft report of my 3rd year project that's due in by 1pm later today.
Eek :o

Dare I say that you should have started it earlier?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51941, posted by diodesign at 01:05, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51940
diodesign
The Opposition

Well, I've had 18 weeks plus Christmas to do it. Ah well. ROLL ON THE ALL-NIGHTER.

Chris. Fucked.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51942, posted by Phlamethrower at 01:08, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51941

Well, I've had 18 weeks plus Christmas to do it. Ah well. ROLL ON THE ALL-NIGHTER.

Chris. f***ed.
Yeah, I guess that's the reply I was expecting :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Owen Griffin Message #51943, posted by snig at 01:08, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51941

I'm glad I'm not the only one with similar aspirations. :D
Hmm Algorithms c/w, not fun. :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51944, posted by Phlamethrower at 01:09, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51943

Of course as soon as I started to do some work, IRC got interesting and distracted me :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51945, posted by diodesign at 01:13, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51944
diodesign
The Opposition

There's a reason I busted out about 1,000,000 words on IRC #riscos in my 1st year of uni ;-) Better than doing coursework, oh, and going to dodgy nights out at the Union. Now I've found a bar on campus that sells real ale.

Oh yeh, strap yourself in and feel the FAIL!

Chris. Just me and my mexican chilli flavoured doritos.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Owen Griffin Message #51946, posted by snig at 01:18, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51945
There's a reason I busted out about 1,000,000 words on IRC #riscos in my 1st year of uni ;-) Better than doing coursework, oh, and going to dodgy nights out at the Union. Now I've found a bar on campus that sells real ale.
Filth, stick to water. :D
Oh yeh, strap yourself in and feel the FAIL!
Bah! It's ok for clever blokes like you, doing work willy-nilly, whenever you want to. Stupid moose's like me have to work off our wee behinds to get any marks what-so-ever! (ahem)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51947, posted by Phlamethrower at 01:27, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51946

Bah! It's ok for clever blokes like you, doing work willy-nilly, whenever you want to. Stupid moose's like me have to work off our wee behinds to get any marks what-so-ever! (ahem)
True. But you'll be used to working hard, while us clever folks aren't since we generally pick subjects up quicker than everyone else :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51948, posted by diodesign at 01:29, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51946
diodesign
The Opposition

Now I've found a bar on campus that sells real ale.
Cheaper, I guess.

Aw. Well, I'm no genius. My evidence: I failed two courseworks in a row a week ago, although I reckon they were both harshly marked. "Yes, you got most of it right, except the last bit - YU0 F@IL!"

Chris. Just, forget it.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Owen Griffin Message #51949, posted by snig at 01:36, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51948
Now I've found a bar on campus that sells real ale.
Cheaper, I guess.
I seem to be drinking 50p Cola atm. :D
Aw. Well, I'm no genius. My evidence: I failed two courseworks in a row a week ago, although I reckon they were both harshly marked. "Yes, you got most of it right, except the last bit - YU0 F@IL!"
heh. I got 0 for an assignment because I forgot to initialise a variable. :S Remember not to make changes just before you submit stuff.
Oh yeah, and they tried to bust me for collaboration on it as well. Stupid of them, I was in Scotland when the deadline passed, and when my friend was frantically completing it!
Stupid uni. Uni of Kent sucks, believe me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51950, posted by diodesign at 01:42, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51949
diodesign
The Opposition

heh. I got 0 for an assignment because I forgot to initialise a variable. :S
Dude, that's whacked. I hope you busted out a can of whatthefuck on them.

Oh yeah, and they tried to bust me for collaboration on it as well. Stupid of them, I was in Scotland when the deadline passed, and when my friend was frantically completing it! Stupid uni. Uni of Kent sucks, believe me.
:-o Not good, I hope that was resolved properly too. I considered Kent, but it was too close to home.

Chris. Just me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Owen Griffin Message #51951, posted by snig at 01:46, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51950
heh. I got 0 for an assignment because I forgot to initialise a variable. :S
Dude, that's whacked. I hope you busted out a can of whatthef*** on them.
I have jack all rights. They're just going to head me down for something else. Plus it was a two-part assignment, I'll see what the second part looks like. tbh, I'm more embarassed that I let that uninitialised variable through! There goes my pride in my work!

Oh yeah, and they tried to bust me for collaboration on it as well. Stupid of them, I was in Scotland when the deadline passed, and when my friend was frantically completing it! Stupid uni. Uni of Kent sucks, believe me.
:-o Not good, I hope that was resolved properly too. I considered Kent, but it was too close to home.
Yeah, well they saw sense when I started laughing at them in their office. I, erm, was slightly liberal with my language and, wasn't in the most diplomatic of mind-sets. I should learn to control my rants irl! :D

Yeah you Kent-boi!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51952, posted by diodesign at 01:55, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51951
diodesign
The Opposition

I have jack all rights. They're just going to head me down for something else. Plus it was a two-part assignment, I'll see what the second part looks like. tbh, I'm more embarassed that I let that uninitialised variable through! There goes my pride in my work!
Yeh but, one mistake. One mistake in many lines of code? And they give you 0? That's obscene.

Yeah, well they saw sense when I started laughing at them in their office. I, erm, was slightly liberal with my language and, wasn't in the most diplomatic of mind-sets. I should learn to control my rants irl! :D
Heh, one word: yes.

Yeah you Kent-boi!
What can I say? I'm a southener lost in gray, overcast Coventry.

Chris. Just me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Owen Griffin Message #51953, posted by snig at 02:02, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51952
Yeh but, one mistake. One mistake in many lines of code? And they give you 0? That's obscene.
It was slightly more than that. f wasn't initialised and I did something like
f = "blah" + foo(f) + "blah";
so yeah basically. Very stupid. Some of the other code didn't work as well. We'll see. Something to tell the kids about. :D
Heh, one word: yes.

Yeah you Kent-boi!
Assuming you see the daylight ever-so-often?! :D

No worries, I'm a Reading boy lost in the world of in-bred's and toffs. God God Old Boy I do think that some ragamuffin students have moved in next door!

And what will the other drobe editors think of this terrible betray of posting antics? ;) :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51954, posted by diodesign at 02:31, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51953
diodesign
The Opposition

Assuming you see the daylight ever-so-often?! :D
The daystar doesn't dare rear its glowing head in the West Midlands.

No worries, I'm a Reading boy lost in the world of in-bred's and toffs. God God Old Boy I do think that some ragamuffin students have moved in next door!
Man, I know where you're coming from. Warwick's got its fair share of rich kids.

And what will the other drobe editors think of this terrible betray of posting antics? ;) :)
Probably wondering where Wednesday's article was. Heh. I JUST WANT TO FUCKING SLEEP.

Chris. Just me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51955, posted by Phlamethrower at 02:47, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51953

so yeah basically. Very stupid.
Did the compiler produce a warning, or did you have warnings turned off?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Williams Message #51956, posted by diodesign at 02:49, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51955
diodesign
The Opposition

Read the bit again where snig says, "Remember not to make changes just before you submit stuff."

He made the changes at the last minute and broke his code, accidentally, it seems :(

Chris. Getting there. Wew.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51957, posted by Phlamethrower at 02:51, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51956

Read the bit again where snig says, "Remember not to make changes just before you submit stuff."

He made the changes at the last minute and broke his code, accidentally, it seems :(
Ah yes.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #51959, posted by ksattic at 07:32, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51956
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

Good luck to you both (Chris and Jeffrey) - get some sleep when you can! I'm off the hook tonight...almost. I'm sat here watching Friends DVDs (series 6) and waiting for the loud guy next door to shut the fuck up so I can get some sleep tonight. :frown:

Last night I had to finish coding a parallel implementation of Life. That wasn't bad, but the 13 page writeup and run over to a meeting I was very late for almost killed me. I also have to skim a 1000+ page binder of information on how to write and harden Solaris drivers for an interview I have on Friday. :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #51967, posted by monkeyson2 at 10:10, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51959
monkeyson2Please don't let them make me be a monkey butler

:E
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #51979, posted by Phlamethrower at 11:24, 26/2/2004, in reply to message #51959

Good luck to you both (Chris and Jeffrey) - get some sleep when you can!
Meh, it was 90% finished by 3am. Now I have until 12:30 to get it tidied up, then it's done :)

I also have to skim a 1000+ page binder of information on how to write and harden Solaris drivers for an interview I have on Friday. :o
Harden drivers? Are they made out of clay now or something? :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): 1 > >|

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: The 'Where is everybody?' thread