User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Procrastination / CSI

Procrastination / CSI
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Jeffrey Lee Message #56552, posted by Phlamethrower at 01:59, 5/7/2004
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Need I say any more? :P

I'm sure you'll also be glad to hear that last night I had another dream featuring a RISC OS celebrity, where Tom Cooper was at my primary school reunion :|

:hertzsprung: was there as well, although I get the feeling he only came to see Tom :|:|

Still - makes a nice change from my usual "School is some kind of evil prison" type dream :o

*wonders what a psychiatrist would make of his dreams*

Hmm, I probably don't want to know :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #56553, posted by Phlamethrower at 02:03, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56552

What I could really do with though is another one of those inspirational dreams, to give me something interesting to do to take my mind off the procrastination.

Or perhaps I should just (metaphorically) get off my (metaphorical) fat arse and do some (much overdue) work :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56569, posted by rich at 09:05, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56552
Rich
Dictator for life
I was going to make a comment, but, eh, maybe I'll do it tomorrow instead.

And I very rarely dream at all, unless I'm drunk.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Adrian Lees Message #56573, posted by adrianl at 09:16, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56569
I was going to make a comment, but, eh, maybe I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Try this - when you wake up after only a few hours sleep, neck two cans of cola and straightaway go back to sleep....you'll dream! :o

did it once by mistake (got up, tried to stay awake & code but gave up and fell asleep again....the dreams were so vivid as to be almost scary!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

I don't have tourettes you're just a cun Message #56578, posted by [mentat] at 09:38, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56569
[mentat]Fear is the mind-killer
Booze gives me really evil dreams :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56583, posted by rich at 11:09, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56578
Rich
Dictator for life
Booze gives me really evil dreams :(
I downed about half a bottle of Vodka one night last Christmas, and dreamt an entire Russian Mafia story. It was completely in sequence, with characterisation and everything, except for the ending, which repeated to show a slightly different version. I had to wake myself up, type it out, and then try to get back to sleep. I still have 750-word outline sitting on my laptop.

It's better than that Blackadder in Space dream I had a few years before - hilarious, until I woke up next morning and read what I'd written.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #56585, posted by andrew at 12:51, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56583
HandbagHandbag Boi
I had a dream about that Davina woman off Big Brother :sniff:

[Edited by andrew at 13:52, 5/7/2004]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56586, posted by rich at 12:57, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56585
Rich
Dictator for life
Wet?
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #56587, posted by monkeyson2 at 12:58, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56585
monkeyson2Please don't let them make me be a monkey butler

I had a dream about 24, when President Palmer's head unravelled like snakes and he turned into an alien. "This is like Twin Peaks", I thought.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56588, posted by rich at 13:06, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56573
Rich
Dictator for life
fell asleep again....the dreams were so vivid as to be almost scary!
That would be *why* I don't dream any more. Ever woken up in a cold sweat thinking not only have you just robbed a bank with a shotgun, but you have vivid memories of having done it several times before? Ever had to backtrack the last few days to make sure it was just a dream?
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56589, posted by rich at 13:06, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56587
Rich
Dictator for life
I had a dream about 24, when President Palmer's head unravelled like snakes and he turned into an alien. "This is like Twin Peaks", I thought.
Still more interesting and believable than season 3, however ;)
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #56590, posted by monkeyson2 at 13:57, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56589

I thought S3 was far better than S2. I'm following at the Sky pace (ep 21), so no spoilers! :E

When I've been playing Angband for more than a couple of days I end up carrying on in my sleep. I've cleared out several evil vaults in dreamland - and properly too, so I could find my way out along the tunnels even when my light source ran out.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56591, posted by rich at 14:22, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56590
Rich
Dictator for life
I thought S3 was far better than S2. I'm following at the Sky pace (ep 21), so no spoilers! :E
I stopped watching at ep. 9 - I downloaded all the others, but ended up deleting the whole lot unwatched. S2 was way more interesting - hacksaws and heads, broken legs, bombed buildings. Now it's yawnsome.

And no, it doesn't seem to improve later on - everyone so far that's watched past e9 haven't had a good thing to say about it, hence my not being too bothered about deleting episodes unwatched. Even my Mum says Cold Case (on right after 24 on Sky) is much more interesting! :)

CSI New York looks good from the pilot (CSI Miami s3e23 or something) though - much more dark and gothic than the other two. Gary Sinese as the head honcho, that cool bloke off The Handler as the doc, and some chick who was on 24 as science chick. It was on Channel 5 weekend just gone.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tim Fountain Message #56595, posted by alpha at 17:23, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56591
Forum bod
CSI New York looks good from the pilot (CSI Miami s3e23 or something) though - much more dark and gothic than the other two.
You're not wrong there. The music from the New York shots in that episode sounded like they wouldn't have been out of place in a Gotham City shot in a Batman film.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Mark Scholes Message #56602, posted by mavhc at 18:09, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56591
I stopped watching at ep. 9 - I downloaded all the others, but ended up deleting the whole lot unwatched. S2 was way more interesting - hacksaws and heads, broken legs, bombed buildings. Now it's yawnsome.

And no, it doesn't seem to improve later on - everyone so far that's watched past e9 haven't had a good thing to say about it, hence my not being too bothered about deleting episodes unwatched.
Except me. Obviously it gets better, because they've almost finished with the filler episodes. It would be helpful if they actually thought of a 24 episode story to tell, instead of 12+filler.

I stopped watching CSI:Miami at about 30mins into ep 1.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #56606, posted by Phlamethrower at 18:19, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56602

It would be helpful if they actually thought of a 24 episode story to tell, instead of 12+filler.
Or a 24 hour episode to tell, instead of 18 hours and 6 hours of ads.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56609, posted by rich at 18:37, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56602
Rich
Dictator for life
Except me. Obviously it gets better, because they've almost finished with the filler episodes.
Dude, they're showing ep. 21 of 24; that's way too much filler to take seriously.
I stopped watching CSI:Miami at about 30mins into ep 1.
So did I, but was told it got better as it went on... ;)

Actually, I still don't think half the cast can act, especially that ginger twat who thinks he's "it". With the Las Vegas crew, they can dump tons of info while still making it seem like a chat between friends. For instance, Warwick showing Greg how to pack his car in case there's a call out - "You pickin' up what I'm laying down?". Compared to the LV crew, the Miami crew are just phoning it in.

The New York cast seem to be good - but then good pilot usually equals bad series.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Mark Scholes Message #56616, posted by mavhc at 20:31, 5/7/2004, in reply to message #56609
> > Except me. Obviously it gets better, because they've almost finished with the filler episodes.
> Dude, they're showing ep. 21 of 24; that's way too much filler to take seriously.
I mean by ep 9.

I have s1 of CSI:M on 2 dvds, ready for when I'm really really bored.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #56654, posted by andrew at 12:28, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56586
HandbagHandbag Boi
Wet?
Nah.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #56655, posted by andrew at 12:30, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56654
HandbagHandbag Boi
Hastily changing the subject - have you finished that other book you were writing yet?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #56656, posted by filecore at 12:37, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56609

The New York cast seem to be good - but then good pilot usually equals bad series.
And vice versa?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56673, posted by rich at 15:34, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56655
Rich
Dictator for life
Hastily changing the subject - have you finished that other book you were writing yet?
Hell, no. I'm about half way.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Ian Cook Message #56698, posted by ilcook at 21:19, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56673
trainResident idiot

Half through what? the first chapter. :E :devil:
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #56699, posted by monkeyson2 at 21:44, 6/7/2004, in reply to message #56591

I stopped watching at ep. 9 - I downloaded all the others, but ended up deleting the whole lot unwatched.
You mean you didn't see the episode where Kim, Michelle and Nina get all soapy in the shower together? :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56702, posted by rich at 00:08, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56699
Rich
Dictator for life
You mean you didn't see the episode where Kim, Michelle and Nina get all soapy in the shower together? :|
No, but I'm watching it now in my head! :drool:
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56704, posted by rich at 00:14, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56698
Rich
Dictator for life
Long chapter if it is: 52,841 words so far.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #56705, posted by monkeyson2 at 00:20, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56704

What book's that then?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #56711, posted by Phlamethrower at 00:54, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56705

What book's that then?
TGSFBTCBFIECPIOTHTTTFOTRIAPITIACWWS [*], perhaps?

[*] - The Good Sci Fi Book That Can Be Found Inside Every Computer Programmer If Only They Had The Talent To Flesh Out The Raw Ideas And Put It Together Into A Compelling, Well Written Storyline
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Adrian Lees Message #56712, posted by adrianl at 01:29, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56711
The Good Sci Fi Book That Can Be Found Inside Every Computer Programmer If Only They Had The Talent To Flesh Out The Raw Ideas And Put It Together Into A Compelling, Well Written Storyline
Except this Computer Programmer! :P Or perhaps you omitted the word 'Good?'

I'm one programmer who's not into Sci-Fi.
*ducks*

S'true! :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #56749, posted by andrew at 15:51, 7/7/2004, in reply to message #56705
HandbagHandbag Boi
What book's that then?
Sci-fi saga if IIRC.
Btw, drank half a bottle of scotch last night and dreamed up a Highlander style epic ;)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): 1 > >|

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Procrastination / CSI