User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: Games: List of Acorn Archimedes Games

List of Acorn Archimedes Games
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Andrew Poole Message #110356, posted by andypoole at 18:28, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110355
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

Crystal Rainforest
Crystal Rainforest 2
There's two other games I always wanted to play the full versions of tongue

Andy.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110357, posted by Games at 18:33, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110353

DethBall

Is that spelt correctly?
________
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/46884.html?type=1
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110358, posted by Games at 18:37, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110355

Ooh, are we including educational games? (I wonder if that's how Acorn counted 3000 of 'em?!)

Yeah. These sort of games is what got me interested in getting an Acorn Archimedes. Especially one where you are in a Circus and you have to attempt to solve different types of puzzles (such as making all clowns stand up or filling a tank with the right amount of water). Wish I remember the name of that game.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #110359, posted by andypoole at 18:40, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110357
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

DethBall

Is that spelt correctly?
Er, no smile

Deathball.

Andy.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #110360, posted by monkeyson2 at 18:48, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110358
monkeyson2Please don't let them make me be a monkey butler

Ooh, are we including educational games? (I wonder if that's how Acorn counted 3000 of 'em?!)

Yeah. These sort of games is what got me interested in getting an Acorn Archimedes. Especially one where you are in a Circus and you have to attempt to solve different types of puzzles (such as making all clowns stand up or filling a tank with the right amount of water). Wish I remember the name of that game.
Was it Maths Circus?

Explore with Flossy the Frog
Betsi (The Tudor Dog)
Dinosaur Discovery
Arcventure: The Egyptians
Arcventure: The Romans
Arcventure: The Vikings

Wasn't there one about a dutch mouse as well?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110361, posted by Games at 18:56, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110360
Was it Maths Circus?
Just checked Google and it seems to be that game. Really should finish writing the Bug Hunter in Space I am doing, but will probably get that game (if it can be obtained legally) and be playing on that tonight instead.

I don't remember anything about a mouse, but I would not rule it out.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #110362, posted by monkeyson2 at 19:01, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110361

I don't remember anything about a mouse, but I would not rule it out.
There was!

http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=4-MIH

MIght take a bit of time, but there are probably loads of obscure game reviews in these indexes: http://www.danceswithferrets.org/phpArcScan/

Update: Scans of game instructions!
http://www.danceswithferrets.org/riscosdocs/Games/

[Edited by monkeyson2 at 20:03, 26/6/2009]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110363, posted by Games at 19:18, 26/6/2009, in reply to message #110362
http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=4-MACI

That seriously sucks! Trust that game to be more expensive than quite a few others. Funny thing is that I would have brought it if I found it a couple of months ago, but need to start looking after my money now.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Steffen Huber Message #110375, posted by hubersn at 18:03, 28/6/2009, in reply to message #110323
I'm looking to compile a completed list of Acorn Archimedes Games
I have found the names for a few German games (mostly by UCS aka Uffenkamp who still sell them!):

Blax
Clix
Cyberzone
E-Numix
Moneychaser
Nautilus
Put It
Sorcerers!
The Board
The Race
Trix
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #110399, posted by rich at 23:18, 28/6/2009, in reply to message #110363
Rich
Dictator for life
http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=4-MACI

That seriously sucks! Trust that game to be more expensive than quite a few others. Funny thing is that I would have brought it if I found it a couple of months ago, but need to start looking after my money now.
Talk to the website/shop minions, they might be able to do you some kind of deal if you're basically using it for review purposes. Don't talk to Chris directly as he'll probably charge you more smile
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

alex Message #110417, posted by damager at 05:14, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110399
Anybody know the name of a 2d game, a scroller but you could go left and right and picked up weapons, one of which was a pink & green 'Helix gun'. Looked like DNA style curved lasers. Not sure if it was only PD.
From that description probably not, but it was one of the last good games I played on risc pc.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

richard cheng Message #110418, posted by richcheng at 10:18, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110417

Anybody know the name of a 2d game, a scroller but you could go left and right and picked up weapons, one of which was a pink & green 'Helix gun'. Looked like DNA style curved lasers. Not sure if it was only PD.
From that description probably not, but it was one of the last good games I played on risc pc.
I remember the game, but not the name. There was a first-level demo on an Acorn User cover disk. You had to make sure to always pick up the same colour upgrade, because the more tokens you collected, the more powerful your weapon got, but as soon as you picked up a different colour you went back to the least powerful version.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Phil Mellor Message #110420, posted by monkeyson2 at 10:49, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110418

I remember the game, but not the name. There was a first-level demo on an Acorn User cover disk. You had to make sure to always pick up the same colour upgrade, because the more tokens you collected, the more powerful your weapon got, but as soon as you picked up a different colour you went back to the least powerful version.
Wavelength, by Tom Cooper?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

richard cheng Message #110423, posted by richcheng at 10:53, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110420

Yup. That's it. I thought it was one of his, but somehow managed to completely miss it when I checked this list.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #110422, posted by Phlamethrower at 10:53, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110420
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Except in Wavelength you could go up, down, left, right, and most angles inbetween wink
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110431, posted by Games at 14:45, 30/6/2009, in reply to message #110423
Yup. That's it. I thought it was one of his, but somehow managed to completely miss it when I checked this list.
Thanks for that link. Need to update the list to remove one of the PD games
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #110455, posted by andrew at 20:08, 2/7/2009, in reply to message #110431
HandbagHandbag Boi
Keith - good luck with this. Is the idea to include your own guide for each game or to just link to sites containing guides? The trouble with the latter is sites can go down and will vary in quality.

[Edited by andrew at 21:10, 2/7/2009]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Tribbeck Message #110458, posted by tribbles at 21:55, 2/7/2009, in reply to message #110431
tribbles
Captain Helix

Thanks for that link. Need to update the list to remove one of the PD games
If you're going to do that, then you could remove Equinox - unless there was another Equinox released (although I did register !Equinox successfully).
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110460, posted by Games at 09:51, 3/7/2009, in reply to message #110455
Keith - good luck with this. Is the idea to include your own guide for each game or to just link to sites containing guides? The trouble with the latter is sites can go down and will vary in quality.
The idea is to include links to my guides for the certain games, if possible. However, I may link to the FAQ section of gaming websites (such as GameFAQs/Neoseeker/etc) if they offer a guide for a game that I have not wrote a guide for.

If you're going to do that, then you could remove Equinox - unless there was another Equinox released (although I did register !Equinox successfully).
Thanks, will do.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

vanpeebles Message #110461, posted by vanpeebles at 12:01, 3/7/2009, in reply to message #110460
You could always put on a link to my Acorn youtube videos as well(If I've recorded the game of course) smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110468, posted by Games at 15:47, 4/7/2009, in reply to message #110461
Seems a pretty big job. Have you considered updating the Wikipedia list of Archimedes games?
If anyone is still interested in this idea, I have looked at attempting to do this. However, the Wikipedia list of Archimedes games appears to be a Template page and I do not know how to update it as you can not simply update a Template Page on Wikipedia. Maybe creating some sort of WikiProject to add a more complete list to Wikipedia might be the solution. I have no idea what you would need to do to create a WikiProject or how many people (minimum) is needed or how much work would be required or if the project would involve creating/adding acticles about each game for the Acorn Archimedes.

Another solution would be to add the information to GameFAQs (I would like to point out right now that my intensions was NOT this when I created this topic, but just to compile a list of games for myself as a tick sheet for Acorn Archimedes Walkthroughs for each game/create a more complete list than what I found across the Internet). This would require more information than the simple list I created, but may be less work that creating a WikiProject. I have already submitted some game information to GameFAQs, so this would be easier for me if no-one else would submit required information to either project.

Both ideas will implement a more complete list of Acorn Archimedes games on a popular website that may get more hits than on my webpage. If anyone is interested in starting one of the ideas listed above, please post here which idea you think would be the better and I (hopefully, with help from this board) will try to add a more complete list to either of these websites and provide more information on what is actually needed for either of the two mentioned projects.

You could always put on a link to my Acorn youtube videos as well(If I've recorded the game of course) smile
May actually do that (of course, with a note stating that any videos linked in the page was not created by me). Would help if I knew your YouTube username OR you post each video walkthrough link (part 1) here.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #110504, posted by andrew at 19:11, 7/7/2009, in reply to message #110468
HandbagHandbag Boi
Surely you can update the template page? Otherwhise, it's completely useless as a guide to games as it covers probably <1% of commercial games alone released.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110505, posted by Games at 19:36, 7/7/2009, in reply to message #110504
Surely you can update the template page? Otherwhise, it's completely useless as a guide to games as it covers probably <1% of commercial games alone released.
I've tried to edit the page, bu I just get this:

{{catmore|Acorn Archimedes}}

[[Category:Video games by platform]]
[[Category:Acorn Computers|Games]]

[[cs:Kategorie:Hry pro Acorn Archimedes]]
[[it:Categoria:Videogiochi per Acorn Archimedes]]
[[no:Kategori:Acorn Archimedes-spill]]
[[pl:Kategoria:Gry na platform&#281; Acorn Archimedes]]
[[ru:&#1050;&#1072;&#1090;&#1077;&#1075;&#1086;&#1088;&#1080;&#1103;:&#1048;&#1075;&#1088;&#1099; &#1076;&#1083;&#1103; Acorn Archimedes]]
[[fi:Luokka:Acorn Archimedes -pelit]]
Without reading that, I can tell that is not very helpful to help me edit the page. That is why I think the only way to edit it is via the creation of new articles. If someone here knows how to edit this WikiPage, please just edit it with the current list on my site (More complete than some others, but the "(?)" games may be PD)?

Also, could you point in the direction of some more of these games to at least get a more complete list somewhere on the Internet?

[Edited by Games at 20:50, 7/7/2009]

[Edited by Games at 20:52, 7/7/2009]
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #110526, posted by tlsa at 11:14, 8/7/2009, in reply to message #110505

I think that you have to create the page for the game and add [[Category:Acorn Archimedes games]] to the bottom. And then the list of Acorn games is automatically updated to include it.

e.g. on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmings_(video_game)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #110530, posted by andrew at 19:49, 8/7/2009, in reply to message #110505
HandbagHandbag Boi
Is the Acorn-Gaming one not big enough for now?
I think it might be better to have a site with categories by publisher which could then be filled out as people remember e.g. 4th Dimension, Minerva, Krisalis etc

Have you tried riscos.info?
http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Games
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #110531, posted by tlsa at 20:39, 8/7/2009, in reply to message #110530

Acorn-Gaming's one is good, but it's incomplete and the site is just an archive now. It's not being updated any more.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110546, posted by Games at 14:31, 9/7/2009, in reply to message #110530
Is the Acorn-Gaming one not big enough for now?
My only problem with it is the list is incomplete and it will not be updated. I would prefer a list on a site that anyone (even if you need to register a free account) can update.

I think it might be better to have a site with categories by publisher which could then be filled out as people remember e.g. 4th Dimension, Minerva, Krisalis etc
GameFAQs only allows a submission of a single game at a time, which requires the developer/publisher to be entered in the submission. You need an account to submit the data, though.

Can not update it, to my knowledge. While it appears to be in the form of Wikipedia, I think it is a private website that only a few people can upadte.
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #110547, posted by Phlamethrower at 14:38, 9/7/2009, in reply to message #110546
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Can not update it, to my knowledge. While it appears to be in the form of Wikipedia, I think it is a private website that only a few people can upadte.
Have you tried creating an account? As far as I know riscos.info only blocks edits by unregistered users.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #110548, posted by andrew at 18:01, 9/7/2009, in reply to message #110355
HandbagHandbag Boi
I mean take the information from Acorn Gaming, Wiki etc and put it on your own site or a site where you have an account.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Keith Kelly Message #110587, posted by Games at 02:05, 16/7/2009, in reply to message #110323
To keep everyone that may be interested up to date.

I have registered an account with Wikipedia and will begin playing around with it before creating any articles.

I have also done a big stint of submitting to GameFAQs and (if the site accepts all the games I have submitted) it should reach up to 47 games in it's database.

Both websites will require authentication to upload information about games (eg, links to websites claiming when Bug Hunter was released, information about Developers/Publishers, etc.) so anything not already posted here that will provide more information on certain aspects will be appreiated.

BTW, I have been searching for resources on my own, so I am not just trying to grab information from you without doing anything myself.

Correction: I have uploaded 37 new game information that should raise GFAQs Acorn Archimedes list to 59, if all are accepted.

[Edited by Games at 14:34, 16/7/2009]
________
Guides I have written
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (3): |< < 2 > >|

The Icon Bar: Games: List of Acorn Archimedes Games