Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:1)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
- WROCC April 2024 meeting o...changes to our phone lines (News:1)
- April developer 'fireside' chat is on saturday night (News:)
- March 2024 News Summary (News:4)
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: Games: Help needed to name 'that' game.

Help needed to name 'that' game.
  tokyoracer (14:52 2/8/2011)
  Phlamethrower (16:01 2/8/2011)
    tokyoracer (16:36 2/8/2011)
      arawnsley (16:57 2/8/2011)
        apacketofsweets (17:14 2/8/2011)
        tokyoracer (17:57 2/8/2011)

Tokyoracer Message #118414, posted by tokyoracer at 14:52, 2/8/2011
I know there was a thread about this before so I apologize in advance to anyone who's a bit annoyed at me making a thread about another game someone have forgotten the name of. However it should be easy to describe so here goes.

Essentially it was a shameless rip-off of "The Incredible Machine". You could build walls horizontally and vertically and also I remember it had lasers with mirrors but that is as much as I remember from it. I'm sure it would have had all the other items just like the PC game it copied from. In the end you play whatever you have set up and the physics takes over in hope that you complete the contraption successfully.

Would anybody know what it was called though? Was it actually an official port and called "The Incredible Machine"? Just I cant find any history of this sort of game anywhere for RiscOS.

[Edited by tokyoracer at 14:53, 2/8/2011]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #118415, posted by Phlamethrower at 16:01, 2/8/2011, in reply to message #118414
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

PrimeSolver by Minerva, perhaps? Now re-released in a 32bit-compatible form as FunFysics.

Either that or LASER (unlikely?), or one of the Collisions games (Collisions 4000 I think? Laser-based puzzling plus a level editor to allow you to place your own walls/lasers). The Collisions games came on the Arc World cover discs; not sure if they're available anywhere else.

[Edited by Phlamethrower at 16:06, 2/8/2011]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tokyoracer Message #118416, posted by tokyoracer at 16:36, 2/8/2011, in reply to message #118415
PrimeSolver by Minerva, perhaps? Now re-released in a 32bit-compatible form as FunFysics.

Either that or LASER (unlikely?), or one of the Collisions games (Collisions 4000 I think? Laser-based puzzling plus a level editor to allow you to place your own walls/lasers). The Collisions games came on the Arc World cover discs; not sure if they're available anywhere else.

[Edited by Phlamethrower at 16:06, 2/8/2011]
No it wasn't just a laser game, that's just one elements of the game I fondly remember, I knew it was a "Incredible Machine" style game. Unless there are other contraption based games on the RiscOS format it's got to be PrimeSolver, thanks for finding it.

Now where to buy the damn thing, no doubt it's probably like finding the proverbial rocking horse manure.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Rawnsley Message #118417, posted by arawnsley at 16:57, 2/8/2011, in reply to message #118416
R-Comp chap
Why not just buy FunFysics which is the exact same thing, re-released in a modern-machine-friendly format. Came out at the SW show this year, so I doubt it's unavailable!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Sion Message #118418, posted by apacketofsweets at 17:14, 2/8/2011, in reply to message #118417
apacketofsweets
RISC OS, too cool for Javascript.

I've just had a quick look through the CJE price list and Liquid Silicon's website, they don't appear to have Prime Solver in stock. Although seeing as FunFysics is just an updated version, why not support active software development and buy a copy from David Snell? A demo is also available as far as I'm aware.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tokyoracer Message #118419, posted by tokyoracer at 17:57, 2/8/2011, in reply to message #118417
Why not just buy FunFysics which is the exact same thing, re-released in a modern-machine-friendly format. Came out at the SW show this year, so I doubt it's unavailable!
Because I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. After checking it out I might just do that, although for the moment £20 is a bit of an outlay for a dated looking game and other priorities are in the way but I'll certainly give the demo a try sometime, maybe it will spur me to get the full game if it's good enough.

The main thing is that the game I was thinking of (I'm pretty sure) has been named so my curiosity itch has now been scratched. smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: Games: Help needed to name 'that' game.