User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
- Big NVMe news for the RISC OS at the South-West Show (News:)
Related articles
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed
- Timerun from Amcog games released
- RISCOSbits updates FAST ROM
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:10 reviewed
- The Book of Draw Stuff reviewed
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:9 reviewed
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:8 reviewed
- Drag'n'Drop 13i1 edition reviewed
- CachesFS and Iris update from WROCC November meeting
- November WROCC talk on Wednesday with R-Comp
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: News and features: Drag'n'Drop 10i6 reviewed

Drag'n'Drop 10i6 reviewed

Posted by Mark Stephens on 06:07, 2/9/2021 |

The latest Drag and Drop (10i6) is now available for download. If you have not come across Drag'n'Drop before (where have you been hiding?), it is a long-running online RISC OS Magazine, currently edited by Chris Dewhurst. It is reminiscent of the 1990s style Acorn magazines and features programs to type in (which you can also buy to save the typing).

This edition is 36 pages long and contains the usual mix of news, reviews and programming articles. There is also an index of Volume 1-10, which contains a rich archive of programming articles.

This month's cover artwork is from Sybil Harris and will also feature in a book on RISC OS Application programming (due out in September). You can buy a copy from Drag'n'Drop website. This is mentioned in the 3 page news section (along with lots of other software updates and show news).

There is a detailed overview of the Amcog Development kit for Games as well, if you are looking to write some games.

The long-running Schema2 turorial has reached part 6 and covers graphing in considerable detail. There is also the next part of the series on Progamming the Toolbox with BASIC, which adds DrawFiles and lots of menu options to the example application.

Each edition of the magazine usually has a useful little utility application. This month we get a Bar copying program for Maestro files. As usual, the code is fully documented in the article.

The magazine can be bought directly from !Store or the Drag'n'Drop website. There is also a free sampler version of the first few pages if you want to see what it is like first.

The Icon Bar: News and features: Drag'n'Drop 10i6 reviewed