Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:1)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
- WROCC April 2024 meeting o...changes to our phone lines (News:1)
- April developer 'fireside' chat is on saturday night (News:)
- March 2024 News Summary (News:4)
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
Related articles
- Software Preservation at the ROUGOL Show
- Arculator updated to add A4 emulation and more podule support
- Acorn Preservation Team want to help archive your old data before it's too late
- Cloverleaf drops promise of including retro games with Kickstarter rewards (Updated)
- Games news
- Software preservation project bearing fruit
- Old games on new screens
- Newsround
- Oldschool Reviews - Burn 'Out
- Games scene roundup
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: News and features: TEK release date (updated^2)

TEK release date (updated^2)

Posted by Richard Goodwin on 15:23, 23/2/2002 | ,

Box

TEK release date (updated^2)
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Michael Drake Message #87245, posted at 18:36, 2/3/2002, in reply to message #87244
Unregistered user Yes, that helps! Thanks a lot Jan. :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Nudist Colony activity co Message #87246, posted at 11:47, 3/3/2002, in reply to message #87245
Unregistered user War /is/ ugly Jeffrey ;-)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Butler Message #87247, posted at 12:16, 3/3/2002, in reply to message #87246
Unregistered user I wonder where the wisdom of a launch date of the 15 April came from.

After all, somebody has said it's the 90 anniversary of the sinking of Titanic.

It's also:

* The 550 birthday of Leanardo da Vinci
* The start of McDonald's :)

I remember a prize was offered a long time ago to the person who could guess what 1608 means, right?

It /could/ be that the telescope was invented in 1608 by Dutchman, Hans Lippershey (1570-1619 I think).

Great screenshots and kudos to the bods at Artex.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

A.Weston Message #87248, posted at 11:18, 6/3/2002, in reply to message #87247
Unregistered user Can you hurry up with April 15th Artex?
;-)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jan Klose Message #87249, posted at 18:44, 6/3/2002, in reply to message #87248
Unregistered user :-)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

TotalBiscuit Message #87250, posted at 16:22, 7/3/2002, in reply to message #87249
Unregistered user Oh yeah, I've been waiting for this one. Any news on a PC conversion by the way? My Risc PC is looking (and acting) a little clapped out at the moment :\

TB.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jonathan Atherton Message #87251, posted at 18:25, 7/3/2002, in reply to message #87250
Unregistered user Stop pestering them about a PC version. Concentrate on RISC OS Artex.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Klinker Van Generalhoffen Message #87252, posted at 13:38, 8/3/2002, in reply to message #87251
Unregistered user I hope they do.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Totalbiscuit Message #87253, posted at 17:49, 13/3/2002, in reply to message #87252
Unregistered user Hmm, I'd hardly call one comment pestering. And be realistic, Artex are hardly gonna get rich from selling to the RISC OS market only. PC Conversions are the way forward. Sell to PC market, make money, more money to invest in RISC OS market. Simple formula really. A zealotic narrowminded view centered on the Risc OS market is not wise...

JohnPBain (yeah, you remember me, the outspoken irritating one)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Robert Message #87254, posted at 13:20, 18/3/2002, in reply to message #87253
Unregistered user Totalbiscuit:
That's not a simple formula - it's a bollocks formula. Why on earth invest the money you've made in a profitable market in an unprofitable one?
Surefire way to lose your hard-earned cash...

I've preordered Tek and it looks like a great game. I hope more games come our way, but *you're* the zealot if you think profits from PC games are going to prop up the RO games scene.

Robert
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Guest Message #87255, posted at 11:37, 26/3/2002, in reply to message #87254
Unregistered user Bah, narrow minded fool. I wouldn't exactly call the Acorn Market profitable. 4 years (at a guess) work for maybe at max 1000 copies sold? You don't seem to realize that even with a tiny amount of publicity in the gaming press that a game can sell many times that in the PC market. Accusing me of being a zealot is just an unknowning and hypocritical attitude. I don't want to see the Acorn market die (although debatably it died when Acorn gave up on it) but attitudes like that are giving it a real kick in the teeth.

TB.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jonathan Atherton Message #87256, posted at 19:50, 27/3/2002, in reply to message #87255
Unregistered user You are the only one being a fool. Don't you realise that as soon as you enter the PC market you are playing with the big guns. These people can invest millions in one game. I can't see how Artex can compete against that. Looking at the screenshots I'm pretty sure the game itself will knock spots off many of the PC strategy games but quality isn't everything, in PC land often with the companies with the hardest punch rather than the best software come out best. Why do you think Microsoft still rule? I'm pretty sure if quality mattered most then RISC OS would be the most popular operating system in the World. The only way I can see Artex releasing Tek on the PC is as a budget game. You know, £5 a game even though it's probably worth a lot more.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Guest Message #87257, posted at 15:13, 28/3/2002, in reply to message #87256
Unregistered user I'll not waste my time attempting to throw myself against a brickwall anymore. But hardened attitudes always hurt people in the end. Remember that.

*TB goes off to play little known games from small companies on his PC, shaking his head.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Guest Message #87258, posted at 13:05, 14/5/2002, in reply to message #87257
Unregistered user hello this game is sh1t
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): |< < 2

The Icon Bar: News and features: TEK release date (updated^2)