User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
- RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024 (News:)
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
- Will we see 5.30 released at Wakefield show? (News:1)
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact (News:)
- Netfetch version 5.55 released (News:)
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: ofla.info

ofla.info
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Andrew Poole Message #21630, posted by andypoole at 13:01, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21618
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

well shut up moaning at me and get on with it then. I've got a lecture on Java to go to
Well go to it then, and stop wasting your time on forums :P
it hasn't started yet and doesn't until 10. and besides.. it's hardly a long way to go... it's only across the road :P
Pfft, Java is piss easy :P

I'm already half way through the excercises for the first semester, getting 100% in all of them. And that's using a crippled version of emacs, too. Today I'm going to download the 'proper' version of emacs, and see if it's any good. However from what I've seen so far it isn't any better; rumoured to be around 40megs in size, and it takes several seconds to load a file.

/me wants StrongEd...

maybe but we gotta do it.

We use JBuilder :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #21633, posted by Phlamethrower at 13:05, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21630
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

maybe but we gotta do it.
Not if you're smart enough :P

E.g. at the moment I should be in a programming tutorial class, but Smart People Who Know What They Are Doing (TM) don't need to turn up :)

We use JBuilder :P
Yea, I think we can use JBuilder too. I'm not sure if it's installed on all the computers though. Plus the stupid coursemaster thing we're forced to use has the crippled version of emacs integrated into it, so it probably isn't worth the effort.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #21641, posted by moss at 13:14, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21633

I'm debating whether to attend my Internet class, but seeing as I've spent all morning working on it I do have something to show the tutor for once :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #21642, posted by Phlamethrower at 13:17, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21641

PHP based, I hope? :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #21644, posted by moss at 13:37, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21642

Fraid not. I have got a section marked "Insert RSS Feed here" though... :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #21647, posted by andypoole at 13:42, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21644
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

Fraid not. I have got a section marked "Insert RSS Feed here" though... :|
Tsk.. put an RSS feed in it then :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #21648, posted by moss at 13:47, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21647

Tsk.. put an RSS feed in it then :P
I'll have a go tomorrow. Problem is, I know what library I'm going to use (http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/) - but I haven't investigated whether it's a simple case of bunging in some variables, or whether it's more complicated. I'm guessing the latter. Which is difficult, seeing as I know *no* PHP at all... something I must rectify.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #21653, posted by Phlamethrower at 13:54, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21648

As simple to use as:
require('rss_fetch.inc');
$rss = fetch_rss($url);
Does that answer your question? ;)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #21654, posted by moss at 14:00, 21/10/2002, in reply to message #21653

As simple to use as:
require('rss_fetch.inc');
$rss = fetch_rss($url);
Does that answer your question? ;)
Bearing in mind I know *no* PHP at all, I'm guessing I need to spend a night learning the basics to get it to work. :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): |< < 2

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: ofla.info