Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
- Will we see 5.30 released at Wakefield show? (News:1)
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact (News:)
- Netfetch version 5.55 released (News:)
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: skillsware

skillsware
  filecore (09:14 29/6/2004)
  rich (09:54 29/6/2004)
    rich (09:58 29/6/2004)
    tribbles (12:21 29/6/2004)
      filecore (12:29 29/6/2004)
    Phlamethrower (18:39 29/6/2004)

Jason Togneri Message #56327, posted by filecore at 09:14, 29/6/2004

Who?

I want Wavelength :cry: I used to love that demo. Bring back Wavelength... any idea if they'll release the game/say anything/have a genuine claim at all? :frown: *cough*emailittome*cough* I want to play, damnit!

EDIT: I tried to post this last night but for some reason, I couldn't log in. Everytime I tried, it just returned me to the forum index page with an empty sign-in box :frown:

[Edited by filecore at 09:16, 29/6/2004]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56335, posted by rich at 09:54, 29/6/2004, in reply to message #56327
Rich
Dictator for life
Who?

I want Wavelength :cry: I used to love that demo. Bring back Wavelength... any idea if they'll release the game/say anything/have a genuine claim at all? :frown: *cough*emailittome*cough* I want to play, damnit!
Small company run (last I checked) from the village of Hamble, Hampshire. Basically some guy called Simon Lovesey wanted to produce games for RISC OS, and managed to bring us Simon the Sorcerer before p***ing off just about everyone in the industry - including me, who was unemployed at the time and *still* wouldn't take a job with him.

It gets a little confused in that he basically teamed up with Eclipse to do some of the home-grown stuff, who then broke away again; so it's a little unclear whether to call a game a GamesWare(/SkillsWare) or Eclipse title, especially if it appeared on a compilation. Was it an Eclipse game repackaged for GamesWare, or was it one of the few that GamesWare produced itself? Can I just throw the Software 42 name into the mix as well?

And of course, we got the OK from the game's author, Tom Cooper, who probably retained copyright. There's some haggling over what rights CJE have, if any, and whether that has some exclusivity deal that precludes us giving the game away.
EDIT: I tried to post this last night but for some reason, I couldn't log in. Everytime I tried, it just returned me to the forum index page with an empty sign-in box :frown:
I think someone was making some upgrades to the forum, to get the page numbering right.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #56336, posted by rich at 09:58, 29/6/2004, in reply to message #56335
Rich
Dictator for life
You may or may not get more info on GamesWare(/SkillsWare) from my projects page:
http://www.houseofmabel.com/projects/
As luck would have it, the games stuff is actually finished, as opposed to the rest of the section.
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Tribbeck Message #56343, posted by tribbles at 12:21, 29/6/2004, in reply to message #56335
tribbles
Captain Helix

Well, if anyone gets hold of them:

1) Gamesware/Skillsware still owes me £500.

2) They've still got one of my books.

3) I'm probably still owed royalties on a lot of things for the past 6 years.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #56344, posted by filecore at 12:29, 29/6/2004, in reply to message #56343

Well, if anyone gets hold of them:

1) Gamesware/Skillsware still owes me £500.

2) They've still got one of my books.

3) I'm probably still owed royalties on a lot of things for the past 6 years.
In that case, you'd be justified in demanding that they release Wavelength! :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #56369, posted by Phlamethrower at 18:39, 29/6/2004, in reply to message #56335
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

I think someone was making some upgrades to the forum, to get the page numbering right.
That was me, but it shouldn't have affected logging in. All I did was replace viewforum.php!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: skillsware