- faster plotting of sprites
- faster drawing of horizontal and vertical lines
- caching of sprites in off-screen video, memory, including masked sprites
- cacheing of window contents in off-screen video memory
- uses DMA channel for putting large sprites
Mike Sandells has released a couple of utilities to make it easier to play round with skins in AMPlay, but could also have a more generic use. SprSplit will take a sprite file with multiple sprites in it and split it into lots of files with just one sprite in them, and PalChange takes a spritefile containing multiple sprites and replaces all the 16-colour palettes with a specified one. They are available to download from a section on his website, and the source code is included.
And finally, VinceH of Soft Rock Software has released WaitUntil, which is probably of more interest to the developers among you, and is a small utility to allow you to add conditional pauses to obey files.