Grapevine 2.10 was previously scheduled for release before Christmas, but a spokesman for R-Comp told users "We are trying to deal with as many issues, buglets and small (but useful) additions as we can for this release, and as a result, it has slipped, like most software!". they continued to tell users that they hope to ship Grapevine 2.10 to users next week.
New features in 2.10 include:
- IRC has gained additional MIRC extension handling and an identd server for quicker logins.
- MSN conversation timeouts have been fixed
- The much criticised emoticons have been overhauled, allowing user-definable sets of emoticons (4 sets will be included)
- File transfers have been tweaked further and undergone lots of testing (just to make sure!)
- MSN now uses a more recent version of the MSN protocol