Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i3 edition reviewed (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:5)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:2)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:2)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: General: Mosely SCSI card

Mosely SCSI card
  rdenk (15:23 22/9/2012)
  apdl (07:21 24/9/2012)
    rdenk (21:35 24/9/2012)

rick Denkers Message #121122, posted by rdenk at 15:23, 22/9/2012
I am since yesterday the proud owner of a Mosely SCCI card with an external scsi drive (Warix). In that drive is fitted a 2 GB quantum Fireball.

By using the SCSI-tools form Mosely i've formatted the disc. So far so good.

After saving and rebooting the freshly formatted partitions are in the taskbar. But when i click on it, Riscos tells me that the Partition has read options disabled

Using the lock/unlock tool that came with the Mosely utilities gives no result.

Anyone an idea what i am doing wrong?

regards,

rick

[Edited by rdenk at 15:23, 22/9/2012]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

David Holden Message #121123, posted by apdl at 07:21, 24/9/2012, in reply to message #121122
Is this a new interface from the facist wing of the RISC OS community or do you mean Morley?

If the latter then ISTR there was a configuration option SCSIFSflags or something similar and this may be relevant. Alternatively there may have been options during partitioning/formatting to set read/write permissions for each partition.

Knowing what computer you're using it on would also be helpful as I think some earlier firmware versions had problems on the RiscPC.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

rick Denkers Message #121129, posted by rdenk at 21:35, 24/9/2012, in reply to message #121123
Hi David,
"Is this a new interface from the facist wing of the RISC OS community or do you mean Morley?"

I was wondering why the card was black and made some rather unpleasant noises...

You are ever so right! It should be Morley instead of Mosely.I have to improve the readabilty of my handwriting....

I have the Morley installed in a RPC700 Strongarm with RISC OS 6 installed on it. The Morly card has the scsi-rom v1.17 installed and is a scsi-2 card.

The Morley SCSI utilities (I have version 0.04)do not have the possibility to set the flag during formatting/partiitioning. Instead, it has a seperate menu-option to lock/unlock partitions. Using that doesn't seem to change the flags.

[edit]
Fitted the card in three different machines: a SA RISC OS 6, a SA RISC OS 4.02 and a SA RISC OS 3.7. All three do seem to have the same problem. The message from the SCSI filer is identical.

[Edited by rdenk at 07:11, 26/9/2012]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: General: Mosely SCSI card